Monday, October 18, 2010

This is Brother Bear

He's five, and very particular about what he eats.  Pretty much anything with non-smooth texture is out of the question, and don't even think about fruits or veggies.  Which is why I'm floored that I just got away with something.

I buy bananas, thinking we'll eat them.  We don't.  They get overripe, and because I'm a frugalista, I toss them in the freezer (I have learned that peeling them and then putting them in a freezer bag is the way to go, trying to peel frozen bananas is no fun).  So, what does one do with frozen bananas?  Smoothies.  Two bananas, some milk, and the blender creates a frozen treat.  You can add whatever you have for flavoring; I just did sugar and vanilla (too much of both, for my own future reference). 

Munchkinette had said she wanted some, Brother Bear said no, as I expected, but then he started giving me input about what he wanted in it.  I put a couple drops of food coloring in each of their cups for the color of their choice, and they both downed it.  Brother Bear voluntarily swallowed a serving of banana.  I'm still in shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment