Friday, November 11, 2011

This past summer, every time I left or entered the house, I would see this scraggly plant growing along the edge of the cement and think to myself, " I have GOT to pull that weed out of there."



 But I was always in the middle of going or coming and would put it off.  Then one day, something that looked a little like this opened on this scraggly 'weed'.


I realized that what I had thought was a weed, something to be pulled up and discarded from my life, was really a beautiful flower, just waiting to cheer my heart and lift my spirits, and I realized too, that this is the way of life.  If I can just wait long enough, some of the 'weeds' in my life will eventually bloom, to gladden my heart and beautify my soul.

And so I wait.  Most, if not all who will read this post, know of our family tragedy this past spring, and that life has not stopped throwing 'weeds' at us since.  And though I know that I will have to wait a lifetime, I know that these 'weeds' will eventually bloom into the beautiful flowers they really are.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great post! It's so true, the things that happen in our lives that we see as trials are God's way of turning us into what we are meant to be. We can't meet our full potential unless we accept what God gives us, good or bad. These pictures still make me tear up. *sniff sniff* ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete